My parents went on vacation this week so we are taking care of their house. It feels a little like playing house. We wake up and make coffee, the morning paper comes (okay so the paper comes before we get up) and we begin our day. I think this whole marriage thing is starting to sink in. And for the first time in a while there is almost a bit of normalcy.
I have never been much of a routine person (I get bored if I bike to school the same way every day) but I am finding that while we have done so much traveling and moving around that I am craving a little more sameness. That is hard to have when you are planning on leaving the country!
We have set a date for the end of July to be leaving for China, however we still need some more monthly supporters before we can get permission to buy our tickets. We have to be at 90% in order to get the green light from Orlando. (We are currently at 82%)
Once we have our tickets we can apply for insurance that will begin the month that we leave (July) which will make it much easier to do our physicals needed to apply for Visas as well as putting my mind much more at rest!
Things are coming together. It is one of those times where I feel so close and yet so far away. The good thing is that we have felt very confirmed that this is the right place for us to be and the challenges just make me push harder.
I have been learning where my security truly comes from. It is not from waking up at the same time every morning to coffee and a newspaper, or even in having insurance and regular income. While I have often worried about not having those things, as I look back over the last year the reality is we haven’t needed insurance because we haven’t been sick. We have always had a place to live, and I usually have coffee when I wake up :)
The Lord has not left us wanting. This time of waiting has been a blessing (although at times it is well disguised) because I am learning to be grounded in the Lord. Nothing can harm me while I am in His hands. And thanks to a caring community and family we have never been in need.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment