Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Sentimental Entry












I wrote this on January 18th but for some reason never got around to posting it. Thought you might enjoy an insight into my very newly married mind.

WARNING: I am very much in the honeymoon stage of life so if this blog turns out too sappy or romantic for your taste, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

I am married. What a crazy reality. It’s been 16 days now and it is indeed by far the craziest adventure I have ever embarked on. (I have been counting down the days for so long it seems natural to count up) I have found sharing life so intimately with another person to be more difficult and more wonderful than I could have ever imagined.

We got back Saturday night from the Oregon Coast. As we watched storm after storm roll in off the ocean, indulging in hot chocolate with too many marshmallows, we found ourselves just as amazed at what God was doing in our lives as he was in all of creation. We saw incredible sunsets, felt the house shake with the powerful winds, and were awaken by the sound of the pounding rain. Yet all of the potential in these storms seemed tiny compared to the infinite possibilities that you find in someone else. The vastness of the ocean is astounding, it’s power relentless; yet even more incredible is the fact that God chose to reveal his greatest gift through man, weak and feeble that we are.

The sunset is indeed breathtakingly beautiful. During one of the rare clear nights last week, we saw several cars pull over and drivers get out to film the setting sun. As it disappeared behind the waving waters of the pacific I too was forced to stop all that I was doing to watch. Yet when I think over the last few weeks this sunset disappears in the list of beautiful things I have witnessed. Our wedding was more than I could have ever hoped or asked for. Everything from the decorations to the sermon. The details seemed to fall into place as the day whirled past. There are many precious memories I will hold from that day.

Here are a few of those memories:





















































1 comment:

likeincense said...

we are way overdue for seeing your wedding pictures. These are wonderful but they make me want to see them all! Much love from the whole family.